Hello. I'm Ian and yes, my baby will fight you.
I help people do what they need to do by listening to them carefully, thinking hard about the problems they have, and building solutions that live on the web.
I try to find or create applications and tools that are both sustainable for the institution and humane for users.
I work at an art museum and I'm interested in philosophy, humor, board games, weird fiction and my kids.
harvardartmuseums.org Features, Maintenance/Development, Devops - Laravel
- Digital signage system
- Published text on Object Pages
- Reuse via IIIF/Mirador
- Varnish Cache for images
Touchscreen Interactive for Animal-Shaped Vessels Development - Vue.js
- Built for Chrome Kiosk mode running on 4k touchscreen
- Declarative content
- Layered interactivity onto graphic assets sourced from print/catalog workflow
Function Forms (Event Rental Communication Application) Architecture, Design, Development, Devops - Laravel
- Email notifications with highlighted changes
- PDF Generation via DocRaptor API
- OAuth2 Login via Laravel Socialite for Basecamp/37Signals
Exhibition Proposals (Proposal Submission Application) Architecture, Design, Development, Devops - Laravel, Vue.js
- SPA-like features with server-side routing and Vue.js components
- Flexible Question and Response data model
Object Entry Sideloader (Cataloging Application) Architecture, Design, Development, Devops - Laravel
- Publish formatted catalog text to HAM API Elasticsearch index
hvrd.art (Custom URL Shortener) Development - Laravel
- Automatic short urls for objects, galleries, etc.
- Example: https://hvrd.art/o/299863
cambridgeroundtable.org Design/Development - Laravel
pioneerpride.org Design/Development - WordPress